JPEG file in web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

In Runtime
ok - weird and annoying problem. I am writing a website in Front Page - I have a jpeg that I want to use - it shows up fine in design view but when i look at the site in browser it just shows a small red cross as if the file isn't found - the is definately in right place and name - any other jpg file goes in and works fine using same method but this one don't work - any ideas appreciated???

It works when saved as a GIF but the file size is much too big.

they do match - I've tried inserting other jpg files using same method and they work fine - just this file

Try deleting it off your server, then re-uploading it. It might have been corrupted in the transfer.

I've also had this happen. At the very worst, I had to upload it with a different name and change the img tag in my webpage.

it's not on server yet - I'm developing it on my PC at this stage - I can see the image fine eg open it in windows picture and fax viewer or paint shop pro and i can in see it in front page in design view it appears fine, but when i go to preview in web browser it can't see the image - the same process works with any other image jpeg or gif - if i save this image as a gif then it works, but the file size is too large for web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom