building a new pc... looking for some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop the second video card. That will just be a waste. Spend that on the other stuff you need, hdd, dvd, case, psu etc...

GageMW said:
ok well, i realized mine seemed a little impracticle because youd prolly have to shell out about $100 for a case to hold that. check around newegg for a thermaltake,aspire, lian-li,antec, or cooler master. It would need a front back and side fan. top fans are nice but not necessary, like i said, you could prolly save yourself a bunch by downgrading to GTs and a FX53. also wait a while for some more suggestions, btw, do you plan on overclocking?
i would be a little apprehensive overclocking since its something i havent done before. i have looked into it a bit but its not on the radar at the moment.

in that case you can drop all the way down to the athlon 64 4000+ for alot cheaper as it's the same as an FX53 but with a locked multiplier (used for overclocking) also it would be very easy to drop to one GT and add another if your not satisfied. also a good 500-550watt PSU would almost as well and shave off another good chunk. basically you just need to calculate the finances. wont be of any more help for a while. have to go out. GL though :)

^
I
I
Those guys have your components covered. As for a case, I just got a Thermaltake Xaser III Super Tower. Total of 9 fans including the power supply, two on the front, two on the side, one of top, and two exhaust in the back, and the powersupplys intake, and exhaust fan. Keeps the shizzle very cool, but I shelled out 220 after shipping. (190, plus 30 for 2 day shipping,) I had money to burn, so I'm sure there are more $$ economical cases out there. But if your going to buy the best hardware out there, I would buy the best case. The interior looks as hot as in the exterior :p

i appreciate all the information here folks, its helped me out a ton. now i just gotta finish looking around and prepare for buying :D

thanks a lot folks!
Almightycow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom