Computer components list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajin

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am working on a list for building the best gaming rig I could possibly build with the technology out at this time and was wondering if you guys could possibly help me out by telling me what motherboard/processor/ram/video card/harddrive/monitor/OS would be best for making the very best rig I could possibly make at this point in time. I have a case already picked out so all I need now is a list of stuff that would give me the very best performance in the following areas above ^^ cost is not a issue so hit me up with the best of the best :)

Thanks,

Jeremy

amd fx-55
dfi lanparty ultra sli
dual eVGA 6800 ultra
2 gig corsair xms ram
4 74gig 10k drives
zalman 7000cu
dual dvd-rw drives
get like a 36 inch widescreen lcd display
laser optical mouse
wireless keyboard
7-1 surround sound system

this system would own but cost a fortune
estimated at about $3500 with the extra stuff i threw in about $5000

I wouldn't even use air cooling if you want it to be the best system
I would get a Vapochill cooling system for the CPU

Athlon 64 3800+ in venice core (they won't be out for 2 weeks though) - the Venice core Athlon 64's will overclock really well. somebody has gotten a pre-release venice from 2.2 to 2.8GHZ on stock cooling, so imagine what you could get with a vapochill cooler.......
also, don't let the amount of MHZ fool you, a 2.2GHZ Athlon 64 outperforms a 3GHZ Pentium 4

creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

DFI NF4 Ultra D motherboard

4 x 74GB WD Raptors, in 2 Raid 0's - put your OS and program files on one of these RAID drives

2 x 400GB IDE Seagate in RAID 0

2 x LG 4163B 16x dual layer DVD burners

2x BFG 6800 Ultra's in PCI-E

VGA cooling:
2 x asetek VGA water blocks
swiftec MCP650 watercooling pump
fill & bleed reservoir
Cooler Master thermal conductivity fluid
some descent tubing, and clips to hold them

Antec 550W PSU

2x512MB G.Skill PC4400 RAM

Logitech Z-5500 7.1 speakers

If you want a good water cooling system go to www.dangerden.com and give it a bit of reading first.. and apokalipse are the venice core cpus even out yet in australia if they are where do you get them because i live in sydney and i havent heard of any retail shops selling them yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom