Trustworthy or not? Video card manufacturer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because a 9600XT is a low performer

Their's alot more than the speed, pipelines, bit depths ect

SHAWN said:
^what else is there in a card?

Look at the speeds on this card

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125168

what makes it a lower performer?

That card only has 8 pipes while the 6800 GT has 16. Really, pipes make MUCH more difference in how a card will perform than clock speed does. You see a large gap in performance in 8 pipes over 4 pipes. You see a slight increase with 12 pipes, but where you REALLY see the increase is when you go from 12 to 16 pipes. Believe me, todays games make use of all 16 of those pipes. Definately go 6800 GT if you can afford it.

Thats the main reason that everybody will tell you the X800 Pro is crap (sorry beedubaya) and the 6800 GT is awesome. The 6800 GT is a great performer. u wont be disappointed.

You can't just look at numbers on everything shawn........do you think people would buy an expensive card like the 6800GT if it performed worse than a little old 9600XT? Come on now.

The 6800GT would destroy that other one. From a better GPU, to more pipelines and architecture simply put.

Yeah, the X800 Pro is seriously showing signs of age (due to the 12 pipes), but the 6800 GT is still going strong. I will upgrade to a newer generation card, or get a 6800 GT when the price goes down.

Man, newegg cancelled the deal in the link I posted, it is now $315 + shipping. However, they are currently offering this card for $299 with free shipping. A lot of the reviews mention overclocking to Ultra speeds to be a breeze, and I just ordered one :)

that heatsink looks crazy. Wish they woulda had that deal a few months back when I first got the 6600GT....stepping up from eVGA they still have it at $399 so I had to pay $200 to go from 6600GT, ahh well......once water cooling comes it'll all be worth it

EDIT: That guy said he got 5175 or whatever with that card at Ultra speeds and on and AMD64??? Seems like crap to me. I get 5400 at ultra speeds and I'm on an XP-M

Hmm....aren't you a little bit past Ultra speeds Nubius? Do you think that could explain the extra 300 points?

::::EDIT:::: Yeah the heatsink is really weird looking. It looks pretty intimidating, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom