Mac OS Tiger is going to KILL windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuaibao

In Runtime
Get ready. From today, in four days, windows will become OBSELETE to the power of MAC OS X TIGER. Myself, I am a windows user. I like windows. But MACOS X TIGER is going to blow away windows to peices. Dashboard has widgets built in. Bonjour is the communication powerhouse thing. Xgrid for a supercomputer. 64-bit ALPHA compatability. Billed as the most advanced OS, it may blow away windows. It can even talk to windows computers.

Sorry about the rambling. Please comment.

So the whole world is going to throw away their PC's and replace them with Macs are they?
To be honest i really cannot see it happening. Im sure it is a brilliant OS, i am a fan of MacOSX, in fact i like all unix based operating systems but Tiger is not going to make people scrap their current PC's, it might give them something more to consider when buying a new one but at the end of the day windows will dominate for a long time to come.

shuaibao said:
It can even talk to windows computers.
I should hope so - i know microsoft tend to do things their own way but they do follow some standards.

i'm not a huge fan of Mac theres not alot of programs that go well with it

Re: Re: Mac OS Tiger is going to KILL windows.

fitzjj said:
So the whole world is going to throw away their PC's and replace them with Macs are they?
To be honest i really cannot see it happening. Im sure it is a brilliant OS, i am a fan of MacOSX, in fact i like all unix based operating systems but Tiger is not going to make people scrap their current PC's, it might give them something more to consider when buying a new one but at the end of the day windows will dominate for a long time to come.

I should hope so - i know microsoft tend to do things their own way but they do follow some standards.

Not that the whole world and stuff....a point is also that windows will always catch up and more software can replace it and more.

Get ready. From today, in four days, windows will become OBSELETE to the power of MAC OS X TIGER. Myself, I am a windows user. I like windows. But MACOS X TIGER is going to blow away windows to peices. Dashboard has widgets built in. Bonjour is the communication powerhouse thing. Xgrid for a supercomputer. 64-bit ALPHA compatability. Billed as the most advanced OS, it may blow away windows. It can even talk to windows computers.

Thats funny because nobody will have enough money to buy a mac computer in the first place to use this "almighty" os. Konfabulator has given Windows/Linux/Mac users widgets for years now. They say that Tiger is the first 64bit OS but linux has had the power to be recompiled to 64 bit even before 64 bit mainstream chips existed.

If mac os is so great, why does it only have 4% of the market?

As great as Mac OS X is, Windows will never go away, or move out of the #1 spot. People use what they know. Windows is on the computers at work, the library, and it came pre-installed on their personal computer. For as long as they can remember, they used Windows. So, they will keep using Windows. Even the people who hate it will keep using it.

C.Ingram said:
As great as Mac OS X is, Windows will never go away, or move out of the #1 spot. People use what they know. Windows is on the computers at work, the library, and it came pre-installed on their personal computer. For as long as they can remember, they used Windows. So, they will keep using Windows. Even the people who hate it will keep using it.

ThatÂ’s a great point, if people really know Windows chances are they'll continue to use it. ThatÂ’s the same reason people always buy one brand of product and not another.

I will say that I believe that the Macintosh does do some things better then a PC although anything you can do on a Mac you can do on a PC and vice versa. It's a matter of preference. I chose PC because I wanted to build my own rig and go into a computer store knowing the software I picked out would work with my PC. Although some software makers do make identical Mac versions of their PC software it often costs more.

On the plus side a Mac doesn't lose it's value as fast since there's only one company making them. The big down side is the lack of software.

The bottom line for me is Great OS (I would use it over Windows any day) but due to the lack of software and the cost of obtaining Mac versions of the software I use it's really not cost effective. Plus I haven't heard of anyone building a Mac themselves.

If Mac OS X was ported to the PC (not emulated w/ pare PC or the Cherry OS), I would use it in a dual boot config with Windows. ItÂ’ll never happen though, much to the disappointment of the PC world. If it did Apple would lose most of their business. Who would need a Mac then?

-GrayWolf

Apple will always have a much smaller piece of the market for two reasons until they change. Those reasons are that Macs are proprietary and cost way too much. Oh but tribalsun you say, the new Mac Mini will change all that. Bah, upgrade the Mac Mini to something usable and you'd might as well buy a new G5. Better yet cut that new G5 budget in half and build a killer PC and put the rest toward a nice vacation.

Until I can install OS X on my PC or Joe Schmoe can walk into Best Buy or go onto newegg etc and pick and choose any and all parts they want for a custom Mac from a plethora of vendors at reasonable prices then Apple deserves it's small market share.

It's 2005 and Apple is just now getting around to developing a 2 button mouse (no mention of a scroll wheel). I can't wait to see people pay 80 bucks for a nice acrylic mouse that has the Apple logo laser etched into it. :rolleyes:

Now, I'm no "Apple hater" by any means, those are just the cold hard facts keeping them from jumping ahead of Redmond, Washington.

i dunno....all the "average" computer people i know i'd be willing to bet, don't want to have to learn another o/s....so.....if you think of it that way....no one's gonna want to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom