wiring a 486's power button

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelUser101

In Runtime
ok so i took an old 486 and i took it all apart to see how fast i could put it back together..what i realized is.. when slided in the 4 white blue brown and black wires..i found my surge protector blown...plz give me PROFESSIONAL answers so i dont blow my moms surge protector, im talking about a sort of 4 prongs that are in a cube shape...PLEASE! KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT

ya know there are spiders and bots that crawl forums looking for open e-mails like how yours is in the sig so chances are you will get more spam that way and not just from users here.

Funny how many '15yo whiz' I keep seeing in sigs around here lol.

Anywho, concerning your problem, I don't understand what four prong thing you're talking about? Don't suppose you could get a pic or find a pic of one?

Okay #1 what exactly are you trying to do, I cant really understand your thing.

If I can understand it, i have pinouts for just about every 486 era mobo and know alot about electrical.

From what I think your saying, I dont think what you did harmed the surge bar as well

I got electricuted twice using one of those damn things. I forgot to unplug the psu lol.

The amount of power going through the switch is not enough to overload a new surge protector. Something else's going on there.

ShoobieRat said:
The amount of power going through the switch is not enough to overload a new surge protector. Something else's going on there.

Surge protectors dont give a rats ass about how much power is going thru them really, you will trip the break far before tripping almost any surge protector.

i blew out a PSU and a surge protector at the same time one day. :p i was using my computer when i could hear a cracking noise that sounded alot like when a cord would be caught in a case fan, well i started to smell plastic, then i heard a loud pop, my computer shut off. i unpluged the power cord from my PSU, it MELTED TO THE SOCKET, the plug was like stringy black goo and really friggin hot (i burned my hand :p) i looked at the surge protector and the light on the switch was off. the psu and surge protector have never worked since. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom