x850xt in a shuttle...???!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbreaction

Solid State Member
Hey i am building a computer for college and i was wondering if i can put a x850xt in a shuttle or if there is a company that sells the x850xt using only one slot.
- Will it over heat...? or have any issues
Also i have a question why is the x800xt and the AIW x800xt the same price, if the AIW does more..?(alteast thats what i have learned)

here are the comparisons
AIW X800XT
X800XT

Thx, Mark

I agree with the guys above. For one thing, you don't have good cooling and ventilation in a Shuttle system. They aren't meant for power gaming PCs, but more for saving space. The X800 series runs hotter than about any series of cards out right now. My X800 Pro gets 80*C on a regular basis, and I have 7 fans cooling my case.

Secondly, shuttles use micro ATX motherboards, and Micro ATX power supplies don't put out the power that you need for an X800XT.

I wouldnt put such a high end card inside a shuttle system. Not enough cooling or power.

And beedubya, your pro gets to 80?? the hottest ive gotten to (my whole computer) is 50 when I OCed it to 2.6ghz. Also, congrats on mod...

I don't know, I saw a 6800GT in a shuttle case. I think it could be done. A really good 350W will work with a high end card assuming you only have one hdd, one dvd etc.

Keep in mind Falcon's fragbox isnt your average small form factor PC. I would personally be skeptical building my own like that.

falcon fragbox? just look at that thing!!! its made for gaming, shuttles are not. they dont put good enough stuff in it for an x800xtpe. if you do then we can call it your little toaster:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom