Which is best (Value/performance wise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your version of the Radeon an All in Wonder type too? I haven't owned either card, but I haven't heard too many good things about the x600 pro. The 256 MB is just bogus on that card. It's like putting 1 GB of RAM on a 486. Also, I remember reading that the x600 ~~ 9600 series (performance). Don't know if this is true. I'd go for the 9800 pro.

For the best bang for your buck. Your going to want the
eVGA 6600GT. This card cost around 180$, its simply your best choice.

I really like my 9800 Pro, but I have to agree with Codeine. The 6600GT is an extremely good deal that shouldn't be overlooked for a budget vid card.

As for different brands of the 6600GT, Leadtek and eVGA seem to be better but come with a higher price tag than some others. If you are looking for a lower price card that is only slightly lower in performance than the Leadtek and eVGA, go for the MSI.

Also, will my Motherboard affect its performance? I havent got a clue about my motherboard, only that its ID is 'E31M'

It might be helpful if you post full system specs for everyone to get a better idea of what would be best. But, for just a few bucks more, that 6600GT is just way ahead of the 9800 pro. I would do what you can to make that jump.

Edit: This will give you an idea of the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom