windows me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phone would be nice if I did not have to sit there holding for a lone time. May try it again.
Thanks to everyone on this. If I ever get it solved, I will let you know.

Trashed ME. Now I need a driver for the video. Only have 16 bit color now. Do not have a driver for the video or even know what it is. The computer says something about turtle in the device section and I have the turtle cd but that only shows sound drivers. Any help? I installed W98.

you need to tell us what operating system the video card is being used on now. for us to help you find a driver you will have to tell us what computer make/ model you have.

if this is an expansion video card, meaning you can take out the card freely, than tell us the model/ make of the video card instead.

this can be found either printed in text on the motherboard, on the case of the computer, or on the video card itself printed in text also.

examples

DELL MX-642

Nvidia Geforce4 440SE

ATI Radeon 9800

SOYO Dragon Plus KT400

The computer is a Dell 4100. The operating syatem was ME and is now 98. There is no manufacture name on the card and it is removeable. I have it in my hand now. Here is what is on the card:
DS/N CN-O4C864-44571-OB6-2733 IC/O CN
also
TOPSEARCH TS-M-8VDC 94V-0 4300-02-4527
also
BRD-05-E15-REV C2
That is all there is. I have the cd with the drivers, there are a lot of them for ME. None of them will work with 98.

In ran into exactly the same thing recently. At least it was almost exact. The long number starting DS/N was not a perfect match in my case, but I do know what the card I have is, and it's probably the same as what you had there.

The card is an Invidia TNT2, Model 64. If you do to support.dell.com and put in the service tag, and specify the OS (Windows 98 in our cases), the driver package for this card will be one of the ones listed (I think it was the bottom one). I installed the driver and it worked fine.

I know this post is many many months after your inquiry. I only did this in case somebody does a search that finds this thread.

Regards,

Brian

dhsrcjh said:
The computer is a Dell 4100. The operating syatem was ME and is now 98. There is no manufacture name on the card and it is removeable. I have it in my hand now. Here is what is on the card:
DS/N CN-O4C864-44571-OB6-2733 IC/O CN
also
TOPSEARCH TS-M-8VDC 94V-0 4300-02-4527
also
BRD-05-E15-REV C2
That is all there is. I have the cd with the drivers, there are a lot of them for ME. None of them will work with 98.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom