Microsoft Word 2003 Pro Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
Is there a way to totally reset EVERYTHING? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that diden't work. My problem is that in the Font bar it has all this jibberish stuff. i think its another language coz on the other windows account (XP) on the same PC my dad uses different language. Plus in the Font Size thing where u can choose the size. it has the 'Jibberish'. then under all the 'jibberish' there is the normal numbers (1,2,3,4,12,11 etc) I don't mind Reseting the WHOLE thing. As long as all that stuff goes away.

You might want to go thru the registry and delete the entries. Back it up first, then delete. Go to edit, find, type office 2003, or office, or word, etc..and delete all entries, then reboot, reinstall and see if that works.

can you take a screenshot and post it? The font stuff isn't loaded from within Word, it's an external control. You might have some funky fonts in the fonts directory that are doing this. could be as simple as removing them and your good to go, but I think you will have trouble with the alternate languages because of that.
You can give it a try if you want, but I don't think your dad would be happy if it's not working for him later....

oh he doesen't care coz he just needs to use the language during the installation of his thingy, hes used that program so much that me basically memorises where all the settings are so if the language turns into boxes he won't care. and the screenshot? i've just uninstalled it so if i still screws up then i'll take one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom