Cannot copy OE6 messages from disk back to OE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokopelli

Beta member
Doing a factory restore (Presario 5000T, Windows ME, Outlook Express 6) I backed up e-mails from OE6 to disks. Now I cannot get my e-mails copied off the disk back into OE6. I have tried (1) from OE6, importing directly from the A drive; (2) from OE6, trying to import the e-mails (copied from A drive) from my desktop & my C drive; (3) from my A drive, copying the files into OE6; & (4) copying the e-mails from A drive & e-mailing them to myself. Nothing has worked. Using (1) it appears the files are being copied (the e-mail folders are 136 kb, 507 kb etc so there must be something on them) and the “copying” takes about 30 seconds; however, when I go back into OE6 the e-mails aren’t there. Using (2) and (3) an error message states: “no messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open” (I do not have the folder(s) open). Is there a way I can drag the e-mails back into OE6? Or what else can I do?? Thank you.

how have you back-upped you mails m8..?
read what I've done some time ago, maybe it will be helpful (for next time, heh..)
for backuping Microsoft Outlook Express:
open outlook
|
choose 'adress book'
|(for backuping messages, do the same, just choose 'messages')
submit the 1st opition 'Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book'
|
enter 'output'
| (or 'output')
|(if that option do not work cause some of windows compoments was not installed, do next)
submit the 2nd opition 'Text File'
|
enter 'output'
|
enter file's saving location and name
|
enter 'finish' or
|
backup this file by putting it on a disket or like

GoOd LuCk! :)

heh, cheers (B) m8..

Status