Y splitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
i'm gonna buy a headphone then use an amp with it

it's gonna go headphone --> amp --> soundcard

does that i mean i need a y splitter to connect the speaker to the amp?

if so, where can it be acquired for the cheapest?

thx

what? What speaker are you talking about, and why would you need to connect headphones to an amp?

lay out your plans

Yeah your being a bit confusing

When it comes to ghetto audio crap with computers, that's my speciality.

Just remeber, with huge breakout's on a sound card, you may not be able to plug everything in.

The way you make it sound, like you want to use a headphone amp?

hmm..ok i don't know if i'm clear enough but..

1.) I'm buying new headphones that i'm going to plug into my amplifier (that big thick 6.x mm connector into the amp from the headphones)
2.) then i'm using the amplifier and connect it to my computer's green jack so i can using the amp with the headphones

headphone's 6.x mm jack --> amplifier --> computer soundcard's green jack

meh, sry if i'm still not clear enough

ok so why would you want to connect the headphones to the amp?

1. An Amp isn't made for that being that it sends really strong signals across stereo chord is what should always be used with an amp, so you run the chance of trying to put way too much juice through the headhpones.

2. You wouldn't need a y splitter.......if it's going in a straight line you'd need just two cords one for headphones to amp and one from amp to soundcard.

If it's because it has a big stereo jack connector then get an adapter.

Is this actually an amp, or is it a receiver (does it have volume control, input control, etc?). I am guessing it is a receiver, as I have never seen an amp with a headphone jack :amazed:

Also, are the speaker you want to hook up computer speakers or just normal home audio speakers?

ooh, nm forget it

1.) nubius is right
2.) it's a freaking receiver...argh, i'm so dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom