Computer wont stop being a d*ck

Status
Not open for further replies.

cretin

Beta member
hey hey all,

Ive got a problem (more like 5 problems) with my computer. I have read a whole lot of other threads about how to fix them and have decided that I suck with computers.

The main problem was that my computer would crash during computer games...Half Life, BF1942, HL2. It would crash in several different ways. Sometimes it would just restart, other times it would go to that blue screen and sometimes it would freeze.

When it showed up the blue screen it would say (on the one occasion I noted it down)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8050A947)
Beginning dump of pysical memory
Physical memory dump complete

The specs I have are:
P4 2.4 533MHz
Gigabyte - GA-8SIMLH-P(-C) motherboard
80GB and 120GB HD
Gecube Radeon 9600 XT 256MB DDR 8XAGP TV-out DVI
512MB Vdata PC3200 DDR400 (new)
on the back of my computer it says 230V where the P.S. is

-The Graphics Card was installed after the problem started...and didnt help.
-The computer was running fine all last year playing Half Life and Counter Strike but after a bit of traveling decided to pack up this year.
-I took a stab in the dark and replaced the RAM, but that did nothing.

Anyway I stopped caring about this and just decided not to play games for a bit ( that was 3 months ago). But today the thing went to blue screen while using media player, DC++ and internet explorer. So I have decided that I have to fix what ever is doing this as I dont want it to occur right in the middle of a last minute uni assignment.

The blue screen message was:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Technical information:
***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0024005C, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, (0x804DBC8E)
Beginning dump of physical memory

I am soo very lost and frustrated, any help would be fantastic.

thanks
-nick

what hardware or drivers did you install before this started?

that error message means that the driver is instructing the BIOS to access an address in the device (could be in video RAM or a buffer) that is higher than what actually exists

to fix it, you would have to use different drivers for the hardware, or simply not use that particular device

Hmm. This is just my opinon, but if it crashes with that many games, your best bet is just downloading the latest video drivers. Go to ATI.com and download Catalyst 5.3 (Or 5.4, can't remember the newest version) and that should fix your problem, or thats what I would like to believe.

I think that apokalipse is right, you are probably having some driver issues, I would check and see if you have the most up to date bios for your motherboard and go from there. And by that I mean checking to see if you have the most up-to-date drivers, or the ones recommended to work best with your hardware.

Firstly, thankyou all for your input.

I got this problem fixed about 4 months ago but figured I'd list the solution incase anyone was having the same problem. I had reinstalled windows and done all the updates for everything and still no luck. So I decided to take it into some professional and was told that I had a faulty power supply. Got a new one installed and now the crashing has stopped. YAY :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom