1200 gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
the dude does not need 2gig. period. right now it's a waste. 1gig of corsair is best for stability, or g skill for speed, or if your prefer OCZ/crucial/geil/mushkin work too. that kingston stuff isn't worth it. too expensive. DFI or MSI for mobo... you might want a slightly better case, at least one with front and rear fans, side and top are nice but not necessary, and side panel is a matter of opinion, if you can pay for it and you like the looks go ahead, but it looks messy if you dont pay attention to your wires. a GT might work just as well for you as an ultra, and a platinum pro seems like a waste without speakers... everyone seems to have an opinion as to sound cards though, turtle beach, santa cruz, m-audio.... you'll just have to find what suits you :)

Dude if he wants to get it, who gives a shit. Ultra ram right now is cheap as hell, and with newer games comin out, why wouldnt he need more RAM. If he got 2 gigs, not only would it help with memory hungry whores like HL2 and D3, it would also help if he ever wanted to do some video processinig, (I.e, transcoding or encoding, hopefully you know what that is) Yes DFI motherboards are good, but I might suggest a ASUS motherboard as well.

hmm...if everyone is suggesting dfi and msi and abit and telling people not to get an asus, i wonder why you're recommending one

for pci-e, get a dfi lanparty ultra-d, for agp, get an msi k8n neo2 platinum

simple as that

right now, 1 gig is more than enough; if he needs more, he can upgrade later, but right now, there's no point in dumping money into ram when you can spend it on a better gfx card

LOL jesus guys, i come back after 2 days to see some posts and u guys are going to town... I think im going to stick with 1 gig, save some extra case for the little extras you gotta have.

I also talked to a few people and heard that the ABIT AV8-3rd Eye Socket 939 is better then the K8T Neo2, am im thinking of just spending 90 bucks on a normal audgity 2 zs.. i just wanna be able to play the next gen games with a lil eye candy and run nice... also, what is good brand of sound card for digital editing & recording?.. i really appreciate the help and comments, im into pc hardware just never have the $$ to indulge myself.

how am i an asswipe, i'm trying to save the guy money on stuff he doesn't need

also, both the abit and neo2 platinum are nice, but the neo2 platinum is better

one more thing; this audio card owns the audigy:
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829120103

yes, it's cheap, but it's recommended by many audiophiles and is a great sound card

also, if you got around $100 to blow on sound cards, i'd recommend the m-audio line (revolution and 2496) or the creative emu 0404 (check amazon)

oh, one more thing, post a new build so we can see if there's anything we can change

goodluck.

ABIT AV8-3rd Eye Socket 939 - $139.00
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 939 - $190.00
eVGA - EVGA 6800 ULTRA 256MB - $423
OCZ Enhanced Latency 1GB (2 x 512MB) - $148
Western Digital WD2500JD 250GB - $129
House Brand - CS808 Case - $35
NEC - FE1250PLUSBK 22 inch - $249
Audigy2 ZS - $90

$1403

bro is payin other 200, mainly for a new monti... and is the ocz gold series any good?.. just somthing im seeing on ebay. XT800 PE out preform the 6800 u?

spend the extra money and get a nicer case a. a more expensive case usually has more features i.e. front connections, removable mobo tray, window, more fan place area thingies and that kind of stuff plus it will look much nicer than a beige box

aspire.comptech said:
spend the extra money and get a nicer case a. a more expensive case usually has more features i.e. front connections, removable mobo tray, window, more fan place area thingies and that kind of stuff plus it will look much nicer than a beige box

rofl...a nice case doesn't mean shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom