HELP!! Computer not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu165

Beta member
I just finished putting together another computer, yet when I am trying to start it, the system is turning on but it is not sending a signal to the monitor. Everything seems to be fine.

The system is

ASUS A8V Deluxe
Athlon 64 3000+
dual channel DDR400 512RAM
Radeon 9600XT

Power is getting through to the card as the fan starts. The card works in another system so it is fine. The hard drive kicks in, and all my connections seem fine. The thing I am currently thinking is wrong is that the AGP socket is screwed or something is wrong with the motherboard.

I'd have to say its neither the VGA or the mobo(technically).
The problem most likely found in your bios.
Try setting your FSB to something like 166mhz and your mem to either *By Spd* or *Auto*.
I've gotten the same message before and doing the above fixed it right up.

I had trouble starting mine with that motherboard, too. I took out the memory in the A1 slot so that it was left with just B1, and then it started up to tell me "system failed due to CPU overclocking". I had a 3200+ in there, but I read online it can't detect any of the Winchester Athlon 64's correctly. Had to go and find the latest BIOS and download it, but it flashes really easily from a floppy. I wish I still had the link around for you to try. : / Make sure you hook up speakers because the motherboard will try to tell you what's going on. Good luck!

Mine is an Asus A8V Deluxe, too (I said that). You have to flash the BIOS sometimes, you just look up the latest version, download it onto a floppy and follow the instructions for flashing it. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom