Leaving computer on overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was going to ask the same question... weird.

well my only concern is does it affect system life time or any parts?

it increase's it if you never turn it on and off, because the parts wont keep expanding/contracting from temp changes, and in some computers once turned off the heat up more because the air is trapped sometimes...

Computer components do have a finite lifetime. But if you don't do it tonight, you will do it tomorrow, so it doesn't really matter.

i've never turned off my computer... ever. it's been running since day 1 perfectly. you may maybe a couple dollars more everymonth if you leave it on, not that big of deal

Keep it on, when it slows down, reboot it. When you are in heavy debt, don't even think of going on it. Buy CFLs. They are special energy saving light bulbs, 13 Watts=60 Watts.

desiboi said:
Keep it on, when it slows down, reboot it. When you are in heavy debt, don't even think of going on it. Buy CFLs. They are special energy saving light bulbs, 13 Watts=60 Watts.

I optimize my computer after a fresh install (I strip xp tracking and unneeded features), so I never get that slow down effect after leaving it on for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom