Leaving computer on overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hi all, I have some stuff downloading whichll take awhile so i'm thinking of leaving my computer on overnight. Now I have some concerns about this:

Does this have an effect on my electricity bill?

Is it healthy for my computer? I heard somewhere it's actually good to leave it on...

Does it take an effect on your electric bill? Is there anything good when you do that?

Its harmless. Yes, you will have a higher electricity bill. No, you aren't likley to notice. The big consumers of power are CRT monitors, high-end machines crunching numbers or playing games, and speakers.

It's only noticeable if you don't look at the a/C costs :p But yeah, umm, for me and probably most other dial-uppers, there's no other way to get large files (besides going to a highspeed location)--

but be careful, your computer may explode..
err, just kidding, :D

Yeah, I'm only planning on doing this for one night because that looks like all it'll take to finish my download so I shouldn't expect any high electric bills right?

I save my money on the electric bill by hanging my clothes outside in the summer instead of drying them. that save me about a hundred dollars a month in the summer.

Maybe one cent higher, lol.

I used to leave mine on all the time, and noticed a $200 differnce when i turned it off at nights..... but we also have used the heater lol.

But yes it extends the machines life time some, and no its not gonna make a big diff in your bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom