Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antar

Beta member
Hi all,

I have the following problem on my PC.
two harddisks.
On the first one (master) i have one partition(C:). I installed Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition on this partion.

On the second disk (slave) I have two partitions(D:,E:). On the first partion (primary) i installed Windows Server 2003, Enterprise.

On the second partion I installed Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional.

When i start my computer.
I got the possibilty to choose from the three.

But I can only start windows 2000. The other two are not reachabale.

How can i resolve this problem.

The content of the boot.ini is als follows:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

signature(3d552f15)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /fastdetect

Thanks

You could try booting your computer from the XP CD and enter the recovery console ("R"). Use the "fixboot" command.

I use Partition Magic along with Boot Magic, it always seems to do the trick without any problems.

-GrayWolf

GrayWolf said:
I use Partition Magic along with Boot Magic, it always seems to do the trick without any problems.

-GrayWolf

use PM. set it to hide the other two Partitions when you are on one. that what I do.

I think that's the default behavior. You cannot see a partition before the active system partition unless you force it. It's still worth trying BootMagic though.

TheMajor said:
You could try booting your computer from the XP CD and enter the recovery console ("R"). Use the "fixboot" command.

I have tried this but unfortunately it does't work. I have the same problem.

I can't start windows home edition.

EricB said:
use PM. set it to hide the other two Partitions when you are on one. that what I do.

Hi thanx for the tip.

About hiding the other partitions.

There is only two possibilties for hiding partitions.
One of the two partitions that i can't reach and the active one (W2000 PR).
If I hide W2000 PR could i use it again in case booting to windows home edion or windows 2003 server fails.

yes. Partition Mgic has a PQ boot for windows tools. you pick which partition you want to boot to. then it will restart the computer to that partition. you have to install Pm on all 3 partitions, though to use the tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom