Holy crap 113 degree CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was hot enough to cook artic silver 5, it reeked like burning.

Now this smells like burnt ram (dont ask) and burnt artic silver 5.

It's a newcastle SKT 939 3400+

My CPU is usually only a few degrees above room temp (non OC'ed), so it isnt reading super high temps

doesn't your mobo have a CPU overheat protection where it shuts off when it gets too hot? cuz i was building this one computer, 754 3400+ and didn't put enough cooling paste, and then it just tured off when it got to 75C

I am suprised it didnt shut off either, however my mobo wouldnt let it boot due to CPU OVER TEMPERATURE

That heatsink was hot, and im the kind of person who puts their hands in fires and stuff like that.

A heatsink is hot anyways, regardless of the CPU being 40 degrees or 100 degrees, you have to realize that 40 degrees is still relatively hot and a metal such as copper would easily burn you at that temperature.

I really don't think you were able to get into Windows much less POST with a temperature like that, it's not uncommon for a probe to go crazy and read off innaccurate temperatures when exposed to unusual hot or cold conditions.

I've done that before.. taken out the fan accidently and turned on.. It didn't boot.. and im thinkin o crap what have i done.. and I looked in my box and the fan wasnt spinning.. I jumped about 10ft in the air and ripped the power out.. its a prescott to, so f* knows what kinda temps it was getting.. I was scared that i killed my cpu..

gaara said:
A heatsink is hot anyways, regardless of the CPU being 40 degrees or 100 degrees, you have to realize that 40 degrees is still relatively hot and a metal such as copper would easily burn you at that temperature.

I really don't think you were able to get into Windows much less POST with a temperature like that, it's not uncommon for a probe to go crazy and read off innaccurate temperatures when exposed to unusual hot or cold conditions.

Gah I know what 40 degree copper feels like, im an ex pyro, i could feel the moisture on my finger boiling.

This wasnt unusually hot, or unusually cold. No probe error

And it didnt POST, it failed POST and forced me into BIOS to reset settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom