Unable to uninstall .net framework 1.1 (tmpB.tmp) ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

provoko

Baseband Member
I'm trying to uninstall .net framework 1.1, but I get a message that says it's looking for "the installation package tmpB.tmp" in my temp folder "c:\xxx\xxx\local\temp"

Here's a picture of the actual uninstallation: Click here.

So I can't find that file anywhere, not in windows, not on my windows xp cd. Theres this *.msp file it asks me for when I click on 'browse,' and thats actually on my windows xp cd, but it's for framework 1.0, not 1.1 and it says it's not the file it's looking for.

I just want to uninstall .net framework 1.1. I've tried reinstalling it, but it asks me for that damned file again.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, I already I have the file and mentioned that I couldn't reinstall it, I get the same error. Thanks anyways. Anyone else know how to solve this problem?

3 month bump. Cousin still has the problem, can't find the solution anywhere on the internet. Wish I could format, but 4 people use that computer.

Can anyone figure out this problem?

you need to run an extract on the install from MS. then you can reinstall it from the extracted files. Once there, you can uninstall it. The problem is that in the default installer from MS, they use an compressed MSI in an exe. This is why you are being pathed to the %userprofile%\temp locations for the source...
if you install from the extracted source, the files are maintained, and then you can uninstall without a problem...

Good luck and let us know...

Repair the .NET Framework 1.1 by using the Windows Installer cache file
To repair the .NET Framework 1.1 by using the Windows Installer cache file, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open text box, type Installer, and then click OK.
3. On the View menu in Windows Installer, click Details.
4. Do one of the following, depending on your operating system:• In Windows XP, right-click the Name column header, and then click Comments.
• In Windows 2000, right-click the Name column header, and then click Comment.

5. Right-click the cached Windows Installer file that has the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 RTL x86 enu comment, and then click Uninstall.
6. After the uninstall process has completed, quit the Installer.

Repair the .NET Framework 1.1 by using the command prompt
To repair the .NET Framework 1.1 by using the command prompt, follow these steps: 1. Locate the Dotnetfx.exe file that you used to install the .NET Framework 1.1. To do this, use one of the following methods: • If you installed the .NET Framework 1.1 from a CD or from a DVD, insert the installation disc in your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
• If you installed the .NET Framework 1.1 from your hard disk, download the .NET Framework 1.1 Setup program to your hard disk.
• If you installed the .NET Framework 1.1 from a network drive, reconnect to the network drive.

2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open text box, type cmd, and then click OK.
4. At the command prompt, run the following command:
%InstallationPath%\dotnetfx.exe /t:%temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms %temp%\netfx.msi"
Note %InstallationPath% is a placeholder for the path of the Dotnetfx.exe file that you located in step 1.

Repair the .NET Framework 1.0 by using the command prompt
To repair the .NET Framework 1.0 by using the command prompt, follow these steps: 1. Locate the Dotnetfx.exe file that you used to install the .NET Framework 1.0. To do this, use one of the following methods: • If you installed the .NET Framework 1.0 from a CD or from a DVD, insert the installation disc in your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
• If you installed the .NET Framework 1.0 from your hard disk, download the .NET Framework 1.0 Setup program to your hard disk.
• If you installed the .NET Framework 1.0 from a network drive, reconnect to the network drive.

2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open text box, type cmd, and then click OK.
4. At the command prompt, run the following command:
%InstallationPath%\dotnetfx.exe /t:%temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms %temp%\netfx.msi"

Remove .NET Framework 1.1 from the Windows Installer cache. To do this, follow these steps: a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open text box, type Installer, and then click OK.
c. On the View menu in Windows Installer, click Details.
d. Do one of the following, depending on your operating system:• In Windows XP, right-click the Name column header, and then click Comments.
• In Windows 2000, right-click the Name column header, and then click Comment.

e. Right-click the cached Windows Installer file that has the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 RTL x86 enu comment, and then click Uninstall.
f. After the uninstall process has completed, quit the Installer.

2. Manually delete the existing files and folders from your computer. Depending on the present condition of the .NET Framework, this file and folder might not exist .To delete the file and folder, follow these steps: a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open text box, type system32, and then click OK. The contents of the System32 folder appear in Windows Explorer.
c. Locate and then delete the URTTemp folder.
d. Locate and then delete the mscoree.dll file.

Note If the .NET Framework 1.0 is also installed on your computer, and you do not intend to reinstall the .NET Framework 1.1, you must repair the .NET Framework 1.0. For more information, see the "Repair the .NET Framework" section.
e. Click Start, and then click Run.
f. In the Open text box, type Microsoft.NET, and then click OK. The contents of the Microsoft.NET folder appear in Windows Explorer.
g. In the Microsoft.NET folder, double-click the Framework folder.
h. In the Framework folder, delete the v1.1.4322 folder.
i. Close the Framework folder.

3. Manually delete the relevant registry keys. To do this, follow these steps:a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open text box, type regedit, and then click OK to start Registry Editor.
c. In Registry Editor, locate and then delete the existing registry keys (all the registry keys may not be present): • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v1.1.4322
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v1.1

d. Quit Registry Editor.

4. Zap Windows Installer information from the registry by using the Msizap.exe utility. The Msizap.exe utility is included with Microsoft Windows Installer Software Development Kit (SDK). To download Windows Installer SDK, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/ (http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/)
To zap Windows Installer information from the registry, follow these steps: a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open text box, type cmd, and then click OK.
c. At the command prompt, locate the directory that contains the Msizap.exe utility, and then run the following command:
Msizap TP {CB2F7EDD-9D1F-43C1-90FC-4F52EAE172A1}
d. Restart your computer.

5. Clear the contents of your Temp folder. To do this, follow these steps: a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open text box, type %Temp%, and then click OK. The contents of the Temp folder appear in Windows Explorer.
c. In the Temp folder, click Select All on the Edit menu.
d. On the File menu, click Delete.

Note Delete as many files and folders as possible from the Temp folder.

6. Disable all antivirus programs and all firewall programs that you have installed on your computer. To do this, use the System Configuration Utility (Msconfig.exe) to perform a clean start of your computer, and then disable any services that you do not need. When you use Msconfig.exe in diagnostic mode, reenable the Windows Installer Service on the Services tab. To start Msconfig, follow these steps:a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. Type MSconfig, and then click OK.

7. Install the .NET Framework 1.1. To download the .NET Framework 1.1, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en)
Note If the .NET Framework 1.0 is installed on your computer, and you do not intend to reinstall the .NET Framework 1.1, you must repair the .NET Framework 1.0 to replace the Mscoree.dll file and the URTTemp folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom