Holy crap 113 degree CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
So I am working on a DVD drive that needs power.

I accidently knocked the CPU power loose

Booted into BIOS and I checked temp it was 113 degrees

And that's not a lie

Still works

Hi there!
I think it does like my computer, mines says it's 102 celcius... but, really it's in feregnight (sry for the spelling) so, mines would be like 38 celcius... it's probably that!

omg, it isnt my diodes, my CPU fan wasnt plugged in. Not a CPU problem, it melted AS5 and I think my wires were melting too.

Something was burning, that's how hot, not a bug.

CPU's thermal death is at like 90C and gerenally that's the mobile processors. Desktops are generally 80-85C

I don't think your CPU would get up to 103C and not die assuming that was the correct temperature that was being reported muchless getting into the BIOS and continueing to work.

Nubius said:
CPU's thermal death is at like 90C and gerenally that's the mobile processors. Desktops are generally 80-85C

I don't think your CPU would get up to 103C and not die assuming that was the correct temperature that was being reported muchless getting into the BIOS and continueing to work.

It wouldnt boot

So far my thermal crap has been very right

Right now it says my temp is sitting around 34 with the fan

I think this is what exactly happened

I turned power off

Installed DVD drive which stole CPU fan connector

Booted into XP started benchmarking it

Computer rebooted.

Booted, failed, tried to boot more.

Went into bios (board made me)

I am sure that's it's temp, it was hot enough to burn me, not just hot to the touch

What kind of CPU is this again?

Like I said dude a mobile wouldn't even survive 103C which I now realize I put 103C and you said it hit 113C which is more than hot enough to boil water lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom