intel celeron D for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
diabloII said:
nonononoonono

also, there's no point in ocing the 2800 because it's almost the same speed as 3000+ and if you want to OC, you need good ram (which = money)

That's a lie, you can overclock with generic memory. I bought the cheapest Ultra (elexir) sticks and I am running at 2.5ghz

Just requires a mobo which reaches a decent FSB and knowing your math

diabloII said:
athlon 64 3000+ and 6600gt is minimal

if you're getting a celeron D as a new system, it won't be good at all

if you don't the money; save up

Actually, this is minimal if you want to play the games with full settings. NOT if you just want to play the games. I don't think he's expecting to play Doom 3 on 1280x1024 and High settings with 4x AA lol.

my dfi lanparty with my $125 geil ram can barely reach 210fsb stable :\

and that's at 2.5-4-4-8

diabloII, the 6800 owns the 6600... and the 3200 is different then the 3000 in performance... Its the next best cpu.. Overclocking is always an option. Overclocking any AMD64 is a great idea.

How about overclocking a Celeron 366 MHz? lol. I did that with my Aspert, not recommended for gaming, they were made from a networking and business PC company. They got bankrupt. I did overclock it to the max, 368 MHz. lol.

Celerons are older than P4, they don't process as fast, overall they really state the obvious: you get what you pay for. If you can manage to OC by 400mhz, then go for it and see how it works, if it is the same, jump it back down. Otherwise, I would save up for a AMD 3000+ or 3200+

diabloII said:
my dfi lanparty with my $125 geil ram can barely reach 210fsb stable :\

and that's at 2.5-4-4-8

What voltage and try 3-4-4-8

And those are loose timings already...

It's your ram, not your DFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom