ever heard of 1 gig of video memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
Like a car with 1000 horsepower, having even 1 GB of video memory is neither practical nor affordable, but is really f'n cool.

Falcon NW has configs nearing 9 grand, I put one together tonight for the heck of it. One other extreme feature to me was you could get a 19" LCD with an 8 ms response time and a 700:1 contrast ratio, I don't think I've seen another LCD with those specs before.

"nVidia Geforce 6800 Ultra 512MB - PCIE
For the PC gamer and enthusiast who wants bragging rights to one of the most robust graphics cards on the planet, this is the card to own, said Scott Herkelman, executive vice president marketing for BFG Technologies, Inc. Combined with BFG Techs true lifetime warranty and a bundle of free extras, the unmatched performance of this overclocked 512MB graphics card should prove an attractive product to hardcore gamers everywhere."

yeah, i think EVGA is the only company at the moment to have a 6800U with 512mb of memory, but i might be wrong. personally, i would rather pay a little bit more/the same, and get dual 256mb 6800GT's for SLi.

EDIT: lol, i just read that last part of the above post :) my mistake.

Those are gonna be some beasty cards. Everquest 2 is designed to run on High Quality with a nice FPS rate on 'computers of the future'...... now, that future doesn't seem to long away.

Why would you need that much of video memory? Seriously, there are't even games that need 256 MB of Video

Dont waste your money on these 512mb cards. The only way it can out-perform our 256mb cards. Is if you exceed 256mb lol. Thats pretty much it. Now when they come out with a 512"Bit" videa card, then throw your hands up. Thats way to much money for memory. Graphics wont even increase.

Exactly, don't waste your money on getting 1 or 2 512 MB cards when most high-demanding video games don't ask for more than 128 MB of video memory. I have a 9550 by VisionTek and it runs HL2 and EQII with great quality.

But I do admit, if you have the money to buy one or 2 of em, equipped with SLI and 2 Gigs of Ram with a FX55, man you'll be having some fun with MMORPG's :)

MMO's are not as graphicly intensive so go get doom3, HL2 and Fear and Stalker when they come out :)

128 is fine for most games, doom3 can use 512 meg of VRAM though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom