Gigabyte vs Abit vs Asus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an MSI mobo, and i play half life 2, doom 3, far cry, that sort perfectly. its hard to go wrong with an nforce mobo. DFIs do tend to be the best ones though.

Dont even consider a FATAL1TY, this mobo is completely over rated and priced. Besides, its only good for OC. All the FATAL1TY's options and special features, are pretty much for OC reasons.

Now Gigabtye mobo's work. But they arent amoung the best. For any kind of cpu, Intel, AMD. You always want to stick with these mobo's, DFI, MSI, Abit. If you notice, most of all custom computer companys, only carry them. Not Gigabyte or Chaintech ect. Another big factor, gigabytes are amoung the worse for OC.

Since DFI, MSI, Abit carry mobo's supporting any kind of interface. You wont find any better boards then these brands, and since they offer boards at all different prices theirs no reason to spend your money on anything else.

DFI is the best of the best right now, you will not find a better all around company than them. If you are limited to AGP, you will want the MSI Neo2 FIR motherboard, or possibly the Abit AV8 3rd Eye, but as mentioned, some VIA chipsets are a bit iffy.

desiboi said:
Giga-byte are nicely built. They are very good for office working and playing games, not hard-core game though, ex. Doom3. And their customer support is EXCELENT :). For gaming, I recommend a DFI motherboard.

wtf?? how is having a gigabyte "very good [for]...play games"

every motherboard is the same

on the other hand, if you're not going to overclock, get the chaintech vnf-150

DFI can handle more power than GB, GB aren't that good for gaming, and overclocking. I over clocked my GB mobo, I also have to overclcok my PCI bus. Sucks.

desiboi said:
DFI can handle more power than GB, GB aren't that good for gaming, and overclocking. I over clocked my GB mobo, I also have to overclcok my PCI bus. Sucks.

oh yea, that sucks b/c you'll damage your components nd stuff iy ou do

but i was referring to that if you play for example game A on dfi and get 100fps, game A on gigabyte will probably be 98-102, which makes gaming (fps wise) the same

Your insane if you suggest a Chaintech mobo, come on man. You should know better. I would rather wait months to afford a DFI then instantly have any sort of chaintech. Why would you recommend chaintech or DFI/MSI/Abit....

well there's 100+ reviews from them on newegg and i've heard one or two people recommend it for stability (if they're not ocing)

Man, DFI have Japanese capacitors, which make it great for overclocking. lol. Chaintech, didn't they make pencils before? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom