Annoying Pop ups on boot up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have been infected with a download trojan, probably from all that warez you download. don't pretend you don't know what i'm talking about :p if you want to test my theory unplug or disable your internet connection and reboot. you will have no popups

my friend's computer had the same exact problem. even after a windows OS reinstall you may be reinfected from your other infected files. symantec norton anti-virus detected and repaired our problem easily. have you tried this software yet? there is a free trial download on the symantec site.

what's that edit image on the top right of each reply do? anyone know? ;) wait i'll post something again in two seconds...

Tried Symantec and that didnt work. I even executed a live update and still didnt get the trojan off. It is definitely adsware and did a search for that dll but cannot find the folder that it is in. It is well hidden.

This is another ad site that pops up on my screen.

http://ads.exitexchange.com/poetry/v1_freecontest/trees.html
This is the main one. Any other Ideas or lights out!!!!

delete all suspicous entries in your start button> all programs> startup menu. look in the add/ remove program list in the control panel for any software that might be doing it. if you have a file sharing app installed that is most likely where the program came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom