GRAPHICS

Nvidia 6800GT

AUDIO

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

EXTRAS

Martox RT.X100

2 x 21” CRT Flatscreens

-----
Any incompatibility issues here? Any tweaks to this proposal that'd make a better system (within the budget)?

My ram...
Is it high enough performance and will it dual channel? 4 x $80
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...ore_Code=M&Product_Code=140622&AFFIL=FRG&NR=1

Thankyou for your help with this project

I still say go Seagate or Western Digital with your hard drives, maxtor is far from the most reliable

for your monitors: I think you's have to get one digital if you want to run them both on the 6800

you probabbly won't need that high end sound card, even a SB Live will do

for dual channel. you have to have exactly 2 RAM disks. if you want 2GB it has to be 2x1GB. 4 sticks will not run in dual channel
although that might be a different story with dual CPU,s. some motherboards dedicate certain slots to each CPU, so that each CPU will have its own dual channel RAM

Thanks apokalipse, i was told that cause of the dual-opteron setup, i should do a dual-dual-channel, so each cpu has its own dual channel array.
you may be right about the hdds, i think im going to still with maxtor because $140 for 250gbs is good, and the 16mb chache, and NCQ and speed

I was thinking it could be handy to have the extra potions on the soundcard, all those I/Os could be useful sometimes, and when it's so easy to get a good deal on ebay.. plus a remote control! i mean YEAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom