pop-up windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDilly-O

Baseband Member
i know it's probably not that hard, but i've looked and i can't find the place where i can disable pop-up windows on Internet Explorer. i'm using 6.0. can someone point me in the right direction?

Um... you mean like a pop-up blocker? I'm not sure if IE comes with one. I've heard the Google toolbar comes with one, so you could get that, or download Mozilla Firebird - much better browser than IE, and it has a pop-up blocker.

IE doesnt come with a native ad blocker. Personally, I dont use IE. I use Opera 7.21, and it comes with its own ad blocker that u can easily configure.
But as everyone pointed out there are several ad blocking utilities that u can use, including the pop-up blocker on the google toolbar. There's an ad blocker in the Pro edition of either Ad-aware or ZoneAlarm, and the free Outpost firewall also comes with an ad blocker.

There are several dedicated programs for this like AdSubtract. You can get a good list at this URL.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/browse/0,cat,1448,sortIdx,1,00.asp

a temporay ad blocker in IE: tools> internet options> security> scripting: disable. zero popup is the best ad blocker, do a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom