Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my opinion that:
The Monitor should be fine as long as it supports 16 bit color.

What kind of monitor is it?

If it's a new or recent monitor then No, but if it's old 7> years then maybe. Have you considered useing an SATA hard drive?

-GrayWolf

The only problem with monitors is high dot pitch on CRTs causing blur or high response times on LCDs. I would suggest a 19" flat CRT for the ultimate gaming experience.

Also, as they have said above, get a better mobo than what you have selected. Go for the DFI, or an Abit or Asus mobo.

If you have the money, I would also maybe look into the 6800 GT instead of the 6600 GT. The 6600 GT is an awesome card, but games pretty soon will begin to stretch its limits, while the 6800 GT still has strong legs.

Should I get a CD-ROM drive instead of the single DVD-ROM drive?

Keep a second drive, you never know when your going to need it. I have two, and I always find myself using both. It will also save you time when swapping CD's in and out for various games installs n such. As for them both being DVD Drives, I dont think it matters, if your wanting to save a few buck s just get a standard CD Drive. I got 2 DVD Drives basically because im paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom