Fuzzy Display,..is it Monitor or Vid Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

santana

Solid State Member
Okay, well here it is. My top quarter(approx) horizontally part of my monitor is somewhat fuzzy, like at the top of IE windows and ect, the text is hard to read, even in the adress bar, mainly in the top left hand corner, i can see small wavy lines through the screen if i look hard enough. Im wondering if this is either my monitor or my vid card. hopefully just the monitor due to having a decent priced vid card. .. any way to fix this? or should i just buck up and buy a LCD? or say a flat CRT.. i know its only the top half of the monitor mainly becasue when i drag the window down the text becomes more solid/sharp. i had to turn the contrast down to make it read able.
thanks

jd.santana

Make sure that nothing with a magnet is near your monitor (or even an electric motor). You could also try degaussing your monitor.

nothing next to it except cable modem and printer above it . its an old monitor about 4 years old from an e machines, maybe its time for new one, i dono.

did you mess with your display property settings and changed the screen resolution???

press some of the buttons on ur sceen! lol sorry but u can usually access where u put the screen and stuff so if u want to move it and mayube thatd help, or maybe there is a setting for it im not sure bout ur computer. if not update ur video card that might help? i doubt it though

well i havent touched the settings,. monitor nor video card settings, like i said its a 4 year old monitor lol, so i thikn its about time for anew one, i seroiusly doubt its my video card, video card is about 4 months new 5900xt, and generally video cards dont cause this sort of problem. as far as i know.
thanks
santana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom