Black Screen of Death???

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a good idea to back up my data, but i have no money... and its a possibility of losing my power, because my 12v rail on PSU1 was damaged during that overclocking....

Lol well you definately need money. Do you have your two hard drives set on RAID 0? That would definately be a problem. Using newegg or zipzoomfly.com can help you find a value USB 2.0 External Hard Drive. My ex got a 120 GB drive for 100. If you have a CD Burner, choose the files that are the most important to you, and burn them onto a CD. As long as you have the original game CD's, and Windows XP CD, dont worry about backing them up, except for maybe your saved game files. You can always put them back in the proper folder if you have to reinstall.

Or you can get really creative. Open a GMail account with Google (1 GB Mailbox limit) and back up some of your stuff there. I haven't tried that though rofl.

im dial up, no blank cd's and what i consider important is my pics of me and amanda together which total in 30 GB and im not on SATA or RAID, just normal ATA drives.....

Well dial up is definately a problem lol. 30 GB... wow thats a lot of pictures. I might want to save that too if it was me. I'm sure you can bum a couple blanks from a friend of yours. But 30 GB.... best bet is an external Hard drive. You'll just have to find a way to cough up the money. I'm sorry I can't help you there (Next paycheck does to get the new processor and arctic silver so my computer can function again)

This will be my last post for this tonight, need to do my homework for college. Sorry I couldn't help you enough.

Hmm, im not sure anymore. Now when i play the game for a long time i get its classic 00000000005 error, then close it out, restart it then after 20 min it goes to the Blue Screen Of Death with the memory dump and some kind of .SYS file. Any ideas?

There is definately some kind of conflict going on. Try closing some programs running the background using Task Manager. Go to www.processlibrary.com and type in each process and see if its required for Windows to run. If it is not necessary, or if you find a virus, kill the process. You can type MSCONFIG in the Run window (found in the start menu) and click the Startup tab (i can't verify the name of the tab since I'm on a MAC right now, but its the tab on the far right) and turn off unnecessary programs not required for your computer to start. Dont forget to run anti ad ware and spyware programs. Do basic computer maintence, such as DiskCleanUp and Defragmentation. Do all of this, and try playing the game again. Also, make sure you have all of your windows updates and your game has installed any patches and updates from their website.

Every thing is up to date, i run Adaware SE, Spybot, Spyblocker, AVG and Norton atleast once every 2 days, I have all patchs/updates. And all the process's i have running are required for the programs i need running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom