Black Screen of Death???

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the AOL commericals call it "I want my computer to suffer Castrophic System Failure"

It was all blank, and the screen said Lost Signal. Thing is the cable was secure. So its either Video, or CPU, my video card is right above PSU2... But my CPU was at 1.85Vcore the other day.....

What happened was your CPU shut itself off to prevent damage to it from overheating. Also, the VPU could have done the same. If that occurs again, let the computer cool for a while. Turn it back on and reduce your OCing or turn it off altogether.

My OCing is back to normal, and its no thermal issue with the CPU, or Core Center would have warned me, and it would have started a automatic shut down.

Maybe the Core Center couldn't pop up to where you could see if since you were playing your game. The automatic shut off may have been your black screen of death :p

dude.. your as much help as some ****ed up technical support guy in china that cant speak english, Core center makes an alarm sound 5C below the max temp you allow, then starts a shut down at the max temp, it dont "pop up"

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I should be writing my 8 algorithms for my programming class before midnight, but I thought I would try to help you. I'm sorry I wasted my time. Hope you have better luck with your computer.

dude this is some very serious shit because i have no way to back up all my data, i realy freaked when this happend because i thought my HDD lost its data.

As long as your data is still there, you're fine. Even if the CPU crashes, your HDD should remain intact. The only thing you have to worry about when it comes to losing your data is physical damage to it where the vacumm seal is broken, or if the drive gets a stray charge. Its the other components of your computer you should be more worried about. If everyone works, be at ease. Just be a little more careful. If there was a conflict with your game and drivers/other processes you should have gotten a blue screen of death. But after thinking about this a little more, it might have been a loss of power. If everything is working alright, and always has, no thermal issues, a loss of power can be the only possibility. That wouldn't make you lose any saved data on your HD. A safe and rather inexpensive way to back up your computer is a USB external hard drive. But thats just my opinon, but we already know what you think about my opinon.

EDIT: There is also the possiblity that it was just a random fluke. It happens to all of us from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom