CPU Noise (Like an Alarm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tymetomove

Solid State Member
I moved my CPU to another location in my office and after hooking everything back up it is making a noise like a european ambulance... dar-dee, dar-dee, dar-dee.... that's enough, you get the picture. It is not the fan, checked it.... weird.:confused:

How often is the beep, and for how long does it last? Like a second long beep every five seconds relates to memory issues.

Could be but just started today for the first time. Noticable enough that my wife hears it from two rooms away.

If the beeping noise occurs during startup, before you hear the standard POST beep (1 short beep), it is an error your could motherboard is giving you because there is something wrong with the boot sequence.

My guess is simply that a wire has come off (especially if you're using SATA) so you should go into your case and make sure everything is connected securely, but you should check your motherboard manual for the beep codes for identifying the problem.

I would guess during start up your fine, unless it sounds unusual. If it happens during usage, it may be a overheating alert, which in that case you want to shut it off or do some serious cooling upgrades on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom