Is too much memory bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiZmo

Baseband Member
I have a PII which has 256 right now and i was thinking of upgrading to to 512 prob 1g. whats the possibliltys of going wrong???

I would check out ur motherboard specs, and see if your board supports that much, alot of PII boards max out at either 128mb or 256mb...

My PII maxed out at 256x3 (Module limits).

I was working fine with two sticks of 64, or one stick of 128. Then I upgraded to 3 three sticks of 128... and killed my motherboard a week later.

So, word to the wise: be careful with those older systems. They don't like the RAM.

With a system that old, your better off spending a couple hundred and getting a new processor and memory. I spent about... 400 dollars and got a half way decent video card, not great, check my specs, my MOBO, Memory, and new SATA HD, again, check my signature. If your hoping to keep such a weak system, then at least get a cheap Pentium 4 or decent AMD processor, a good solid motherboard by companies like ABIT or ASUS, and memory from companies like Corsair and Kingston.

really? this computer costed me 380.. i think it was a good buy..
Amd athlon 2500+ 1.8GHz
512 RAM, bout to be upgraded to 768 i think
64 bit video card
works great.. like he suggest id just get a new comptuer sell or use the good parts on urs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom