Can't see the Cd Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therock

In Runtime
Hi. My friend has a problem with his comp. His computer doesnt see the cd drive and he doesnt know what to do. Is there a some kind of program that can fix it?
I'd really appreciate if you could help, thanks a lot.

what do u mean.. the cd drive? when hit clicks my computer??? lol i hope so..
1. start>mycomputer>(look at the top left) view sys info>hardware>device manager see if it is there ur comptuer reconizes there is a cd drive
====================

or start>cntroll pannel>system>hardware>device manager
====================

now if there is a ! or ? then click it and see what it says to do itll prolly give u a link to d/l it. if not u can look up the company u bought it from go to their site and find it most likely.
=====================

ok now if it doesn't reconize a cd drive.. im guessing the computer was put together wrong if it was custom made. if it was post that and ill help with that

It just happened all the sudden, everything worked fine and then the cd drive disappeared from the "My Computer" folder.
Ill try wat u advised, thanks for quick response.

Check all your connections, I had the same thing happen to me and it turned out I had a loose connection.

that is what i was suggesting when i said the whole if its custom, bout the fast reply.. np at all man u can IM me or PM me any time if ud like faster lol (that goes for every one) im on alot unless im working out or at school im usually online
its nice to get a thanx for help isn't it?

Method 1: Remove the registry entry
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Note If this data type is missing, go to Method 2.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Method 2: Replace the existing driver
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. If Control Panel is in Category view, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.

If Control Panel is in Classic view, double-click System.
3. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
4. Click the drive with the question mark next to it.
5. On the Action menu, click Uninstall. When you are prompted to confirm the removal, click OK.
6. Repeat steps 4 through 5 for any other drives with question marks.
7. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom