Gygabite Geforce 6600...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but if you read the reviews, they say its PCI, so does the title...Im so confused...

Quote from NICKW:
"I have a Dell Dimension 2400. All it has is PCI slots.
I'm not a big time gamer but, this is a very cool PCI card !
Installation was a breeze !
If you want options this is the card to have. The options seem endless.
I have played Homeworld 2 ( Very cool game! - Graphics are unreal ! ) and Halo with no problems what so ever.
As a mater of fact they look and respond great.
One of the best selling points for me was this video card is manufactured in the USA !!! That's right, and they have telephone support. I called and talked to them about this card and what it would do before I bought it. They were very friendly and helpful.
Two thumbs up for this card and Jaton !"

Also, the pictures look like PCI...

lol it says interface is PCI but one of the requirments is a agp slot. My GFs mam bought a dell for the family and it had intergrated graphics which were rubbish, so she had to upgrade to a pci fx5200 and my old geforce3 ti200 looked ALOT better simply because it was agp.

So which should I trust? The SYS requirements? or the reviews? I mean I am leaning towards the reviews but that could be an error, maybe those reviews were meant for another card or something, you think I should call up and ask...?

This is from a guy named KOLANI:
"For those of us without an AGP slot on their motherboard (shh, there ARE some of us out there), this card is a godsend. I'm able to run not only older games on maximum settings, but newer games like Doom 3, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2 and even ~gasp~ The Sims 2 shine with this piece of hardware. As a matter of fact, the EQ2 launcher set all display options to highest when I installed the card, and it runs flawlessly."

Your card is most likly integrated. So its not going to be PnP. Your going to have to manualy disable your integrated card through your system.

Yes, that is true, I was told to go into the BIOS and disable it, but I could also go to the "remove hardware" thing in windows and disable it, shut down install the new card and then bam right? Or what, but before you answer that, do I have the confirmation that the card is compatible?

The card should be compatible. According to the manufacturer's web site it is a PCI card, not AGP or PCI-E.

Yes, you'll have to go into BIOS and disable your onboard graphics. Be sure to reduce the memory allocated to it to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom