Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmrbob

Solid State Member
Please tell me you thoughts about this setup and what I can do to better it? Should I downgrade something to make something else better? This is pretty much the maximum I can spend($1000) Thanks

-CASE - Raidmax Samurai-908 Gaming Case w/420W Power

-PROCESSOR - [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 3000+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology

-MOTHERBOARD - Foxconn WinFast NF4K8MC-ERS nVidia nForce4 Chipset w/LAN, 5.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 PCI-E Motherboard

-MEMORY - 1024 MB Dual Channel [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200

-VIDEO CARD - Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 128mb w/DVI + TV Out

-HARD DRIVE - Maxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA-133

-16x DVD-ROM Drive - Sony

-Sony DWD-26A Dual Format/Double Layer 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive

-Creative Lab Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit 7.1

Also, will it be good enough to play the new better games? (Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Unreal Tournament)

It looks like you're going to have two DVD drives - just get one.

Yes, this computer will run the "newer" games.

Should I get a CD-ROM drive instead of the single DVD-ROM drive?
Also, will it be fast enough for offline moving around on your computer?

Yeah its a fast computer

However ditch the cheap foxconn mobo, their the cheapest, look at DFI lanparty Ultra D

I suggest the DFI Lanparty Ultra D too. For motherboards always stay with DFI, Abit, MSI. Since they have motherboards that support any kind of system, and they generate the best motherboards, theirs no reason to spend money on anything else.

Ok, thanks. Also, what is the comparison between AMD and Intel? Does AMD 3000+ perform the same as an Intel 3.0? AMD 3200+ = Intel 3.2? Etc.

yea thats how AMD aim it to be but really they are almost impossible to compare aas each have strengths and weaknesses. like a 3000 amd 64 will probles beat the hell out of a 3.4gig P4 with the rest of the system the same in all games. whereas a 2.8 p4 would beat a 3200 amd 64 in video editing. All depends what you want it for.

Does the monitor have much to do with the graphics? Will it restrict me from seeing some detail or running properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom