Hits POST and restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it in for some diagnostic tests about an hour ago. I'll post whatever they find... This has been a crazy ordeal... I really don't think it is the ram. I am personally leaning towards the processor.. We will see. Thanks for everything guys.

After having multiple problems with my comp, I think I'm knowledgeable to answer this.

Have you dont any kind of modification to your CPU such as OCing or trying to insert a thermal diode into it? If you've tried THREE different mobos and it still doesn't work, it breaks down to two possiblities. The RAM is not functioning correctly, or the CPU isn't.

If the CPU did not work, the computer shouldn't do anything at all. If the CPU was not functioning, usually the computer will either "blink" if the power is turned on, the fans might move a hair, and the computer lights up for a tenth of a second, and die. OR the computer would just stay on, and nothing would happen. But there is some kind of process running, so I dont believe its the CPU. If the computer restarts when it checks the RAM, then that would be your best bet. I dont know if you just built this system or not, but try another kind of RAM. Make sure you have the correct type. You can try going to newegg and buying a 128 stick of some really cheap a** RAM to see if that is the problem. Just make sure the stick is new.

Is that really the only two messages that come up before it starts? Do you get the logo from the BIOS vendor on the screen as well?

humm.. I have tried alot of different ram.. But yes, I get the bios version, cpu info, amount of ram, and then it resets... It is very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom