DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello
i was planing to buy a DVD writer. I am not sure where to start on what to buy?

i came up with the following info that there is a minus standard and a plus standard and also a blu-ray standard.
i am not sure which is the best

also came up wit hthe fact that all computer DVD writers support both DVD plus and minus. dont know where does the blu-ray fit in?

then there is the issue of single side or multiple side

what speed should i be looking at?

and finally what make? i looked in the UK and came up with the following makes.

Aopen
Asustek
Benq
Freecom
HP
Iomega
Lacie
LG Electronics
Lite_on
Microstar-International (MSI)
NEC
Phiips
Pioneer
Plextor
Samsung
Sony

i got this tendency to staying away from korean makes (they dont appeal to me)

please help

I currently have a Samsung and it works great, though Sony, LiteOn, LG, and Plextor are great choices. Plextor drives are really expensive though :)

i read a couple reviews on dvd burners. I would say go with Benq

Also, ive never had any problems with LG.

Cheers-

Plextor are expensive because they are the best out there.

now all the drives i sell at work at dual layer burners. meaning they can write dual layer disks (8.4gig) whereas the single layer writers can only do 4.7gig disks, which isnt very good if ur gonna back a film up (for snoty son for example) cos all films on sale on dvd are dual layer.

Im personally waiting for the price of dual layer disks to come down then i will look to buy one.

how many people even bother using the software that comes with their burner? never had anything good come with one yet :)

aj2003 said:
Plextor are expensive because they are the best out there.

now all the drives i sell at work at dual layer burners. meaning they can write dual layer disks (8.4gig) whereas the single layer writers can only do 4.7gig disks, which isnt very good if ur gonna back a film up (for snoty son for example) cos all films on sale on dvd are dual layer.

Im personally waiting for the price of dual layer disks to come down then i will look to buy one.

actually ricoh are the best. 80% of the good burner companies use ricoh drives as dvd burners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom