Status
Not open for further replies.
xAnDyCx said:
the 32 bit is 64 MB (DDR SDRAM)
the 64 bit is 128MB (DDR SDRAM)
and no the 64bit is not server only

But i was wrong the one hes linked to is only 32 bit

Yeah well someone said "64 bit PCI"

That is refering to the interface to the rest of the computer, yeah it has 64bit memory :D but that doesnt make it "64 bit PCI"

There are two types of PCI. PCI 32 bit and PCI 64 bit. PCI 32 bit runs at 33Mhz and PCI 64 bit runs at 66MHz. My Chipstets allow it to run at 33MHz. So I need a PCI 32 bit PCI Video Card. Any higher than 64 MB are mostly 64 bit PCI. And are these cards any good to run Need For Speed Underground 2 and support DirectX 9.0C? My integrated graphics are so crappy, the game won't let me install it. I play the game on my laptop[yes i know, it's sad]. The laptop has an ATI 7500 Radeon Mobile. And I heard ATI 7500 and newer supports Direct 3D, not older ones. Is it true?

Edit: Don't tell me to get anything over then 64 MB, cause they're all 64 bit PCI.

you can slap a 128mb PCI video card in there, since they are 32-bit, very few video cards were produced for the 64-bit PCI Bus compared to the 32-bit

you are all seeming to get it confused, there is the standard PCI Bus which is 32-bit, then the PCI-X bus (seem on server motherboards) which is 64-bit.

if a video card is 64-bit, 128-bit, or 256-bit, its the memory interface within the card itself, so basically desiboi, you can use any PCI video card you will find on that site.

I'd recommend something more like this:
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102354&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=Video+Cards
or: http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102522&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=Video+Cards

Too many people make the mistake of thinking that having 256mb on a card makes it alot better. In reality, it doesn't. Even the most demanding games today run perfectly at max settings on my 128mb 6600gt. Now you're looking to buy a PCI card, so you won't be able to get that kind of performance, but you still don't need 256mb.

Actually, I am going to expect alot, compared to my intregrated graphics, lol. Isn't the nVidia one faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom