Biggest Windows Problem Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your restore CD an OEM Disc that says Windows 98 on it? If it is just a Compaq recovery CD do what I said above except when you navagate to your CD drive type in "dir" to list the directory (w/ out the quotes). Look for something that says restore, recover to setup with the extension of exe....to start the compaq recovery program. Then just type in restore.exe, for example and press enter.

-GrayWolf

another problem... the os doent run unless the win98 disk is in the drive. any suggestions?

Relapse said:
wow. something new happened. I inserted my win98 second edition cd rom in its drive w/o floppy support, and the os is booting. get back to you asap. btw, thx for your help.

Awsome. I'll be online for a little while I'll monitor this post for any replies, if you have any question feel free to PM me or post.

-GrayWolf

and the win98 disk isn't the compaq recovery cd. the recovery cd is what i'm trying to run.

Relapse said:
another problem... the os doent run unless the win98 disk is in the drive. any suggestions?

Do you have a win 98 startup floppy disk that you can boot off of? or can you boot off your win98se disc with CD ROM support?

-GrayWolf

im using the floppy, and i've run into a crossroad of options. i'll get back to you as soon as i figure out what to do.

Select boot with CD ROM support, You may be able to start the recovery program from the CD without having to boot off of it.....what are some of your options?

-GrayWolf

ok. now the os works. but i need to install the drivers again. where can i get them?

i need:
Video Card
PCI Drivers
CDROM

etc.

So your running windows 98 then, it should see your CD ROM. If it doesnÂ’t restart. Once Windows sees your CD Drive insert your Recovery CD, most manufactures include a folder on the CD with the drivers for your hardware.

Also if you have installed your own video card then you'll need to get that driver from the CD that came with your card. Could you be a little more specific as far as what you mean by PCI driver? Are you referring to a PCI card that you have installed?

-GrayWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom