Biggest Windows Problem Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I got into the BIOS setup screen ,but there is another problem. I changed the boot order, but the disk still isnt reading. I hate this computer.

ok then lets see....

make sure you don't have a disk in your a: drive, insert your recovery CD and restart the computer, then tell me what happens....

-GrayWolf

nothing. but when i changed my bios settings to perform a system-check, there was something that read 162-System Options have not been set.

...nothing? Most computers will display operating system not found if they can't find an OS to boot with. Do you have your manual handy? Also check the date and time that the BIOS displays is it correct? if not then chances are that the BIOS has been reset.

Also if you have a windows 98 startup floppy you could boot with that, when the menu is displayed select start this computer with CD-ROM support. Then all you would have to do after the computer booted off the floppy is navagate to the CD Drive and run setup off the disc.

-GrayWolf

wow. something new happened. I inserted my win98 second edition cd rom in its drive w/o floppy support, and the os is booting. get back to you asap. btw, thx for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom