quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1c3_808

In Runtime
I have a 6600gt and i got the driver ver 71.84 with coolbits. When i click on the Clock Frequency Settings i see this.
ss17ti.jpg

under standard(2D) it says 300mhz under the pop up menu
(thats what it was set to)

under performance(3D) it says 500mhz

when i ordered the card from new egg it said the core frequency was 500 and memory was 900 (default)

what should i set it to so i can have good performance without damaging the card?

the 2d doesn't matter; for the 3d, do detect optimal frequency and run it 5-10 times straight i guess and then post back the temps and if it doesn't artifact, then it's all good

Just to clarify 2d = while in windows

3d is all that matters.

what should i set it to so i can have good performance without damaging the card?
well technically you don't need to set it to anything, it's already good and where it should be. If you want to overclock it then either move the sliders up a few MHz at a time or do the automatic detect then run 3dmark03 and 05 and make sure it's not artifacting.

You gotta do a BIOS flash for enabling temp monitoring though:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=1945&st=0

There's instructions on how to mod your BIOS to enable the temp monitor

oic

and is the temperature lcd display on the front of my case good enough? it reads at 77-85 degerees F. About what temp will it get when i know i should stop OCing

Umm......well unless you took the probe from the front of your case and stuck it on YOUR GPU then it's just reading the ambient temperature air......no that's not good enough as the GPU would easily be 50-100degrees hotter depending on how good your cooling is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom