Formatting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
download powermax
www.bootdisks.com should be there if not post back and ill find it for you. then just BACK UP EVERYTHING U WANT if u put it on a hard drive take it out after. only have the hard drive u watn to format in. then after u d/l it.. put in a floppy u dont need, open it up run it
reboot with the floppy in ur hard drive and begin ur format

for a fresh install of windows xp.

get your windows xp CD and boot from it (you may need 2 set this is the bios) then just follow the steps and format your hardrive.

back up your stuff first

http://downloads.maxtor.com/_files/maxtor/en_us/downloads/powermax.exe

it is more complicated.. here is an easier way ok? this isn't the best to me but it works i guess...
boot up and hit del as it boots, ull get a blue screen. go to advanced bios and set it so ur first boot device is cd, ur second is hdd 0. reboot with the cd in
itll say press any button to boot from cd, hit a button. then let it load. now when u do this just follow the guide think u hit enter then it says to install windows blah blah blah. anyhow itll ask how to format i dont pick the one that says quick way... but u can if u like. then just let it do its business and all should be done. make sure u have a cdkey and directions rdy! lol this way shoulnd't be so hard or complex.. if it is ill try to write it again i guess lol

xAznPrid3x said:
wow i dont have windows xp cd lol and what stuff do i need to back up i have mostly garbage

What do you plan on using to install XP then, manufacturer restore disc?

back up files you want for me it would be my music and school work.

if you dont hav a XP cd i dont no wat you can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom