Custom computer won't post

Status
Not open for further replies.
The POST Beep will come from the speaker in the box not your actual speakers, if ya have it plugged in properly on the Mobo.

That is what I thought.

I had a thought originally that it might have something to do with the 800 FSB. I don't know if the board automatically detects the FSB, or if it even matters for the post. I haven't been able to find any jumpers to change to set the FSB.

By Default it detects the FSB but lowers it significantly for overclocking purposes, check the BIOs and see what it's set to.

He was asking where the POST Beep sound came from I Thought. Nothing about the PC not POSTing itself!

If none of these suggestions work, you may want to remount your motherboard. It is possible that you have a short between your case and motherboard. This would indeed cause the power supply to run but the computer not to. Since your mobo doesnot have onboard video, i agree you should try another video card first. if none of these work, try another power supply. This should help narrow thing down alot.

Well, I gave up on it. My father-in-law, who taught me pretty much everything I know about computers, including how to build them, came back into town, so he's taking a look at it. He said he's checked the obvious stuff (don't know what that would be) and didn't find anything wrong,and that he'll take a much closer look at it tonight, and let me know.

you should also consider the most obvious problem, your mobo is DOA defective, if so return it before your exchange period ends.

Well, it took a while, but my father-in-law found the problem.

There is a lesson here for everybody that is building a computer for the first time as well.

When I first put the CPU in, I didn't put the first pin where it was supposed to go. I didn't notice it, but I did notice I had problems getting the CPU fan on. I though I was just not getting the fan into its case correctly. I ended up busting two pins on the CPU.

This in turn fried my mobo, so I have had to replace both, which cost an extra $300.

I know, I'm an idiot, but that is one mistake I will never make again.

I would like to thank everybody for their help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom