Jerky dad locked me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfyredragon

Solid State Member
Hi. Now, i'm not going to bore you with some lame sob story or anything. I'm just going to give you the straight facts. I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 6000d. the problem is that my dad is a jerk. okay, i can't resist, here comes the sob story. I'm eighteen. My dad is a fifty-year-old four-year-old. when he first gave me the computer i was thrilled. this was the first time that i had ever gotten a brand new computer. before that, i always got his old one when he got a new one. (granted this was okay because he always got top of the line, but his idea of the perfect computer was that of a business exec, small, light, and power conscious) When he gave it to me, however, he only needed one sentence to completely crush me. I wasn't going to be an administrator. I was devastated. Of course, he figured that i was going to install all sorts of games on my pc. not true. i have long since come to the conclusion that, if you are going to play video games on a PC, then you need to have one completely dedicated to gaming, which i don't. Now i have a 7 day trial for Keyhole PRO. for those of you who don't know what keyhole is, it is a program that provides access to the entire mapping industry. In other words, its like a spy satellite uplink only not live. It uses massive archives of both satellite imagery and high-altitude photography to render (in 3D sometimes) many major cities and popular tourist points. there are not many things that i want to install, but i can't. Now I am no hacker. My specialty resides in software/hardware installation and configuration plus networking. I need help getting into the administrator account. I have tried the Safe-Mode trick and a few other things, but here's the thing. I can't use anything that needs to be installed, because I can't install anything!

Please, I am begging you. My mom is going to make my dad get rid of my old laptop soon and it was my only freedom because it crashed last fall and i had to install XP b/c i didn't have the Win98 CD. I was able to give myself admin rights, but my dad set this one up and i'm in a hopeless jam. I am not lying in any way shape or form. What i have written is true and i swear on a stack of bibles.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. i think that my dad configured a admin password so anything that relies on there being no admin password is useless

I can send you a password reset disk that you send to the floppy, boot off the floppy and rest it in about 5 minutes or so. You want it, let me know.

Hack your dads account (Log onto it?). This should help:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

There's also some cheap hardware you can buy (about $20) that you plug into your ps2/usb mouse slot then you plug in your mouse to that and everything someone writes will get saved onto it.

I actually can get onto his account but his weird sense of humor applies to everything. It took me a week to get onto it. I tried installing a couple of minor programs and was enthralled when it worked. However, when i tried installing keyhole, he popped my bubble. I also don't want to risk infecting my system with anything. Before, I wouldn't have thought twice, but after actually having my desktop compromised by an outside user and my laptop overwhelmed with crap that I really didn't need, I'm much more carefull when it comes to downloading stuff. Plus there can't be any evidence of the hack. If he found out, he'd do what he threatened to do and give my laptop to my ten year old brother to abuse...ahem, I meant to say use, or did I?

Sincerely,
Skyfyre, The Southern Dragon

I am pretty sure that i tried that. You go into safe mode and then you're supposed to like, be able to get onto the admin account, right? well i tried that but he set a password for the admin, and it isn't "admin". oh, this might help. I don't know much about big business insurance but if anyone else does, maybe this means something MAGIC, he has it as his hint. He's a bit of a control freak and thinks that mythical stuff, (dragons, magic, etc) are weird or not worth even caring about, even though that's what my book's about. He's around 50 years old, drives a BMW 540i 6-speed. We live in New Orleans. He can't stand lots of noise. I'm giving you all this in case it helps because I have been working at this password for ages and still can't get it. He likes the sopranos, law and order, and he can't stand it when i finish my homework early and go outside and work in the yard. Please, if any of this helps or you need anything else, please get back to me.

Sincerely,
Skyfyre, The Southern Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom