unable to delete file

Status
Not open for further replies.

beisbol24

Solid State Member
There's a file on my desktop that is unable to be deleted because "the file is in use by another program or process. The thing is that as far I can tell, it's NOT in use.

I made sure only the necessary processes were open and closed all my open programs (including ones in the taskbar).

I booted my computer into safe mode and tried to delete the file. No luck.

I also went into the command prompt and tried to delete it, but is says that the file is currently in use.

My virus defs are updated and so I don't think I have a virus/trojan that is stopping it from being deleted.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Beisbol24

When you say you checked only necessary programs were open, did you do this via task manager ?

Yeah, I opend the task manager and made sure no programs were running and that the processes that were running were necessary for windows to function (I booted into safe mode to make sure of this). So all drivers, etc were disabled.

In response to the other post, the file was a crack for splinter cell 3.

try not to get Trojan Swissor ;/ i hate that damn thing ;/ You cant delete it easly, get to use command prompt n do all this fun stuff... exciting!

thanks

yeah i know I get what I pay for.

hahahhahahahhhahahahhah.

I'm sure you have not paid for all the music/games/software on your computer, either.

Thank for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom