XP strikes again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekster

In Runtime
I have a dell 4500 . I thought I would be nice and give my daughter my cdrw drive because she needs it more than me. I pulled it out and installed it in her comp and all was good. When I booted up my dell it gave me a message saying because of recent hardware changes I must activate windows within 3 days. I thought no problem. I go online and it wont work and now I have to call MS. Then I call and get questioned by a MS employee that could barely speak english. He gave me a new install number and told me if I reinstall a cdrw later I will have to go through this whole process again. They have taken anti- piracy too far. I have three legal rigs and this is stupid. Maybe I should buy a mac !

P.P. Mguire said:
just get online and find a copy of XP that dosent have an activation.

Alot of those are the beta.
Dell XP installs are not a true XP install, their customised ghosted ones.

I have an army of computers, and have never had to reactiviate for a hardware change

DJ-CHRIS said:
Alot of those are the beta.
Dell XP installs are not a true XP install, their customised ghosted ones.

I have an army of computers, and have never had to reactiviate for a hardware change

I think he was trying to say to..

go underground

I fix a dell. I change the harddrive and add a cd burner. it did the same thing to me. but the reactivation went through

is this what it has come to now?

we need to call microsoft everytime we even think about changing a part out?

how does this stop piracy?

These might be TCPA Strikes. Changing the hardware and all and then it starts freaking out on you. Im not so sure about that yet, I hope that this teaches you that you should make your on rig, but if you do buy one, make sure that you "obtain" a coporate version of windows xp (the one that doesnt make you activate it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom