AMD Dual Core INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I JUST got my FX-55 system and already something new.........ahhhhhh!!! At least I'll be able to upgrade to dual core though, that makes me feel better. :)

P.P. Mguire said:
dude if you have an FX-55 then just keep it for a while cause you wont need to upgrade to dual core anytime soon cause nothing supports it yet.

Yeah, I'm keeping it. I just meant that I'll be able to upgrade later on. :) I'll try to enjoy the FX-55 for awhile first. lol

That will last you a while don't worry. Less expensive then those Dual Cores and still beats them all out.

Alex81388 said:
That will last you a while don't worry. Less expensive then those Dual Cores and still beats them all out.

Depends on what your doing, and comparing the amd dual core opteron to an FX series single core is comparing apples and oranges, the FX may be better for gaming right now, but it wont be in the future, and in a heavily loaded multi-threaded system the opteron will shine, the benchmarks Ive seen bear this out, however to date Ive only seen one set of tests where they put it in a server environment to find out, and it really wasnt a decent test, the mobo's had issues, the BIOS updates are still buggy, and the real test will be 2 or 4 dual cores on one board, then we will see some serious azz kicking.

If you guys want to see where this is all headed, check out the plans sony and microsoft have in mind for their game boxes, they will lead the way in writing parallel process software for games, that in turn will bleed over into the "wintendo" market, once that happens single cores will be left in the dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom