Computer is very slow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdiego

Solid State Member
Hello,

Something is going on with my computer... The normal tasks like opening up a program, opening new windows, copying, etc are now taking forever. Startup also takes a long time. I have not instaled anything major and have no idea what is happening, and I dont think I have any Spyware or Adware...

Thanks for your help.

G

P.S. I have 14.4 Gigas left on my hard drive and when I run the task manager it says that the CPU ussage is between 8% and 35% so it would seem ok. I am running windows XP and have a 1.3 centrino processor if not mistaken

I ran Spyware Doctor.. and restarted the computer. It erased som 211 problems.. but it is still REALY slow. Specially at startup... :(

I am now running Ad Aware... Hope it helps

Ran Ad Aware and showed some cookies, but it is still much slower than it used to be. I have McAfee installed, but could it be a virus? Any other ideas?

Ever heard of Defragmenting? I bet it's no. Google Diskeeper and download the full trial. Run it, might take a while, then reboot your PC.

I was working on my moms computer and she has the TrojanSwissor, yea that thing slowed her computer down a lot, but what sucks is the crap im going to have to go threw to delete it, McAfee and other major virus scans cant pick it up, and hwen some of the free virus scans pick it up, they wont delete it, im not sure what to do, any suggestions? Ill post this in another thread to get better results!

Desiboi...

Yep, heard of it, but had not ran it in a while... and yes, it needed major defragmentation.. but NOPE it did not help in making it faster. I think it is more along the lines of BoobieSrus. I will do a search for his posting to get some ideas.

Thanks for the help

Try doing this:

Start -> run -> msconfig -> Go to startup and uncheck everything.

Once this happens, see if it's faster, and if it is, then post the startup stuff here (copy it down on paper and then post it here). We then can probably help you with what is making it so slow.

-SkyHi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom