Hmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coconut2

Baseband Member
Can I overclock my maxter harddrive to spin faster than 7200? Or can I tell it to shut the hell up when im accessing data?

coconut2 said:
Can I overclock my maxter harddrive to spin faster than 7200? Or can I tell it to shut the hell up when im accessing data?

I am sure there's a way to make it spin faster, but it won't work anymore.

You can't tell it to shut up.

I think my drive is slowing down my system. Would A raptor help Where I would notice the increase in drive performance? For example the first time I open firefox after a restart it will halt for a few secs. After that first time all other attempts will be instant. Hope that makes some sense. And I cant stand that crunching noise it makes when accesing data. My drive is defraged with perfect disk.

Maxtor sucks!!

Firefox just takes a few seconds to load. It is one of its little quirks.

What is the buffer size on your HDD? If it's 2MB, upgrading it would be a good idea. If it is 8MB, I wouldn't bother.

Now, if you went to a SATA HDD with at least an 8MB buffer and NCQ, I'd say go for it... and send me one, too.

you shouldnt have gotten a maxtor 200gig, cause they have a bad problem. Try sending it back and getting something smaller or something bigger. the problem w/ the 200gig (ata or sata dosent matter) is it has a huge heat problem. my dad has one and he even has a cooler on it and you can still fry eggs on it and it also causes it to crash alot. maxtor isnt bad you just gotta get the right drive cause ive put my 80gig through hell and back and its still chuggin along. BTW your drive is the EXACT same thing my dad has, i recomend getting something smaller or bigger or just use anther company if you want.

The bigger a Maxtor HDD is the louder they get because there still trying to access data at the same rate as smaller drives and the 200 gig ones have more area to look through. But yea i have problems with my Maxtors and load times some reason... Its just SLOW!!!! But i also have a lot of crap loading at startup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom